1-day Greek cooking lessons in Ambelas, Paros
One-day cooking class, our most popular introductory class! If you are on holiday in Paros, Greece but you don’t have the time for a full culinary vacation, we offer you a one-day cooking class. Enjoy a one-day, hands-on cooking lesson with Stella, the most trusted gastronomic specialist on the Island, who will introduce you to authentic and local Greek cuisine.
Spend a fun morning, evening, or more in the kitchen with us, for a hands-on Greek cooking class concentrating on the traditional foods and wines of this beautiful island - see, smell & taste the real Greece with us! Discover step by step how to prepare a satisfying full Greek meal ranging from appetizers to desserts, including the art of making phyllo for spanakopita or moussaka. Learn how to make your favorite Greek dishes, such as a lamp in the oven, beef onion stew (stifado), fish soup, marinated octopus, stuffed tomatoes, dolmadakia, or roasted pork in a lemon rosemary sauce, fried zucchinis balls, tomato balls, tzatziki or loukoumades (the greek donuts) & baklava.
There will be hands-on instructions given throughout the day and also new tips and techniques. Get the Parian recipes, enjoy specialties accompanied by local wine and get ready to impress your friends back home! It will make your vacation unforgettable!
- Half a day hands-on Greek cooking class (4-5 recipes)
- The meal they cooked, with water
- One Instructor (Speaks fluent English)
- Margarita’s Greek cooking apron as a souvenir
- Recipes are given to everyone to take home with you
- Greek coffee and discussion on the history behind the dishes cooked during the day
- Meeting point: Margarita's restaurant in Ambelas
- Dates: Monday to Friday on request
- Months: April, May, June, September & October
- Multi-course meal: 11:00-15:00
- Cost per person € 88, (excluding drinks and wine), or € 98 per person including water and 2 glasses of wine or Ouzo
- Participants: between 4-10 people (Minimum number of participation 4 people)
- Groups: Minimum 12 participants – Maximum 30 participants
- Kids ages 12-16: 60€ per kid (Under the age of 12 you can request a meal with an additional cost of 20€)
- For health and safety reasons, participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Upon request, we can accept different bookings until the minimum number of participants is reached.
- We can cancel bookings in case the minimum number of participants is not reached.
Our Most Popular Menu
- Starters: Tzatziki, garlic dip, fried zucchinis balls, tomato balls, dolmadakia, spinach pie, saganaki cheese
- Main dish: moussaka, stuffed tomatoes, Rosemary/garlic/lemon roasted lamb or pork, fish soup, beans soup, lentil soup
- Dessert: Baklava, rizogalo, loukoumades, galaktobureko chocolate mosaic
* Many more menus are available and we always ask our clients if they have special requests and if there is any food allergy.
- We are located in the village of Ambelas, 3 km from Naoussa and you can reach us by taxi, bike, or car.
- The Cooking Classes are informal and are in English.
- We are flexible and willing to add those special dishes you have always wanted to learn how to cook.
- Recipes vary according to the seasons and we use only the freshest ingredients available in the market, the majority of which come from the vegetable garden of different farmers bringing you closer to the authentic Greek experience!
- The sequence of activities might change, subject to weather and to the availability of certain ingredients. There might be some changes in the menu according to the cook's choice.
- All vegetarian menus or menus with dietary restrictions are available upon request.
- If you are interested in a specific menu, a shopping excursion, or a private cooking tour, please do not hesitate to ask, and we will be more than happy to accommodate your needs.
- Taking photos is encouraged as well as drinking wine and singing your favorite Greek song as we prepare our feast!
Read MoreRead Less
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Margarita's restaurant