Athens Private Tour To Parnitha and Mpafi Refugee Half Day (ATH24)
Mount Parnitha is a densely forested mountain range 40 km north of Athens. It is an ideal place for the residents or guests of Athens city, as it provides the opportunity to enjoy nature and relax while leaving behind the city's stress. Parnitha’s National Park is full of pine and fir forests. It is a true oasis for many species of wildlife, such as red deer, foxes, and many kinds of birds, as well as the main getaway for the hot summer days and a vast snow-covered playground during the winter.
Our day starts after we pick you up from your hotel or a point close to the indicated hotel if car access is not possible. We will follow the national road which leads to Thrakomakedones village. From there we begin to ascend the mountain, against a spectacular backdrop of Attica and shimmery strips of the sea. As we drive along the pine and arbutus forest is quite possible to come across a red deer as it forages for food, or perhaps a Kri-Kri wild goat, climbing sheer cliffs.
Our first stop takes place at the “Park of Souls” just opposite an abandoned hotel, a building whose original use was to serve as a sanatorium from 1912 till 1960. After our short stop there we continue our route onwards until we reach the picturesque chapel of Holy Trinity, built during the Byzantine era next to a spring and where a lot of red deer find refuge for relaxation and drinking water. Following our tour in the tops of Parnitha, we arrive at Mpafi mountain refugee located in the heart of the mountain. It is an organized and appropriate place to accept visitors of every age who can take the opportunity to unwind in nature and discover the unique fir forest of Attica across the National Park of Mount Parnes. Enough time is provided to enjoy our coffee or tea with a snack either in the yard with the breathtaking view or by the fireplace in the saloon of the refugee. After our break, we will follow the road back to Athens enjoying the best panoramic view of Athens from above.
The escort drivers of our premium off-road vehicles will create a memorable day out with the best panoramic views of Parnitha's mountain and amazing photo opportunities to capture each and every moment!
- Distance: 80km
- Altitude Dif.: 1150m
*Please note during the summer period fire protection measures may be applied and access to Parnitha Mountain may be limited
- Visit Mpafi refuge and "Park of Souls"
- Enjoy Mount Parnitha's panoramic views
- Embark on a private premium tour for up to 6 persons per vehicle
- Savor the coffee, tea, or juice, and snack
- The trip is ideal for everyone who's looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, for example, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
- The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone's convenience.
- When meals are included, our company can arrange vegetarian alternatives, but the information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies, in order to find suitable alternatives if possible.
- The trip is not recommended for people suffering from car sickness, having mobility or kinetic or back problems, pregnant women or children younger than 7 years old as we don't provide baby seats, or people taller than 195 cm or heavier than 130 kg.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed for minors under the age of 18 years old.
- We reserve the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without any prior notice.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Athens, Center
Notes: Pick-Up Times: Different times upon request and according to availability. Hotel pick-up.