Cooking lessons by a Rhodian culinary expert
Try your hand at the rhodian kitchen!
One of the top (if not the top) traditional restaurants on the island (proud member of Aegean Cuisine & Greek Cuisine Award 2019) is our setup for this cooking lesson; Located at a tiny mountain village, it honors respectfully Rhodes traditions. Led by the restaurant owner, ‘’a living legend of Rhodes’’, this genuine culinary experience also encourages you to walk inside the botanic garden to collect the meal’s fresh ingredients (Mediterranean herbs and vegetables). Follow the instructions of the chef and enjoy the fruits of your effort: A delightful meal with flavors that convey the true taste of Rhodes, set in a rustic open-air dining space with lush views.
What makes this cooking class unique is that the Chef guards the island’s best dining secrets. He has customized wood-fired ovens to revive ancient techniques, cooking much of his food low and slow resulting in melt-in-your-mouth creations; Plating up age-old Rhodian classics in handpainted ceramics made by locals; One of his plates is literally cooked overnight in a bread-sealed clay pot that he dramatically smashes at the table in front of your eyes.
- 150 euro/person for 1-2 persons
- 120 euros/person for 3 persons and up
- children up to 16 years old 16% discount
- 11:00 Hotel/spot pick up (Private Transfer)
This unique experience starts by picking you up from the hotel with our comfy air-conditioned vehicle (private transfer).
- 12.00 - 15.00 Cooking Lesson
Take a stroll at the garden to collect your fresh ingredients, join and enjoy the cooking preparations, practice some traditional techniques in bread making and cooking. Enjoy the fruits of your effort at a 7-course lunch at the restaurant’s courtyard
- 16.00 (appr.) Hotel/spot drop off (Private Transfer)
You are transferred back to the hotel at around 4 pm (private transfer).
The menu contains Rhodian classics such as Greek salad, popped with the addition of caper leaves and homemade pickles, Eggplant salad reached next-level status with tahini and yogurt, "dolmades" prepared with grape leaves plucked from local vines, fresh Rhodian bread, sprinkled with Greek salt and local olive oil for extra flavor, infused with the aroma of local mint leaves, pistachio, myrtle twigs and sage, Goat with chickpeas, "Kadaifi", a sophisticated dessert and rose-flavored ice cream served with cream, grains, and pistachio.
This cookhouse is an unassuming mecca for food travelers in Rhodes, a bridging of cultures that allows travelers to cook & taste the best, most unpretentious cuisine Rhodes has to offer to the world.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date
You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
No reimbursements will be effected
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Notes: * hotel/spot pick up & drop off (for hotels/spots located within 15klms from Rhodes city. For hotels/spots located further, pick up & drop off are available upon request.