Rafting at Lousio and Alfio river
Rafting began more than forty years ago from the rivers of America and the famous Grand Canyon. In the beginning, as a need to access inaccessible areas with only a way of passing through the river and slowly over time it has evolved into an impressive sport.Today it is a well known sport all over the world. The most popular destinations for rafting besides the United States and the Grand Canyon is Latin America with Costa Rica and Chile to probably have the most impressive rivers in the world, Nepal and the Himalayan region and the Zambezi River in Africa. In Europe the rafting is well known and very popular in almost all countries bordering the Alps like France, Austria, Switzerland and Italy but also in areas such as Slovenia and the Pyrenees in Spain.
In Greece, the most popular rivers that can be practiced throughout the year are Lousios and Alpheios in the Peloponnese. Other rivers that some periods might be appropriate for rafting is Arachthos, Evinos, the Trikerioti the Venetikos the Tavropos and Voidomatis
Among the most impressive rivers in Greece is Lousios and Alfios, the route is entirely located in a narrow gorge with copious quantities of waters and tremendous germination, where in many places the trees form a tunnel and the water passes literally below them.
The beauty of the landscape with the wondrous germination, the stone arched bridges, the fountains that go out the plane trees and the beautiful sculptures that is formed by the water-sculpted rocks in conjunction with the impressive passages and the crystal clear waters make it the most popular rafting route in Greece. Information about this specific route and rafting more generally in Greece can be found on our site.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date
You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
No reimbursements will be effected
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Provincial Road of Karytaina - Stemnitsa, Megalopolis, 22022 Karytaina, Greece