River Trekking in Kleftis gorge
A fun river crossing with swimming and diving, in the spectacular gorge of Kleftis in Orliakas.
It is a low mountain in the southwest of the prefecture of Grevena. Area of natural beauty surrounded by rushing rivers, verdant slopes, and large streams. On this mountain, over time, the river Velonia carved the beautiful Liatissa Gorge or the Kleftis' Gorge Gorge! A thief, according to tradition, being pursued by the Turkish jumped over the river to escape and promised to build a bridge if he escaped! The thief survived and built the beautiful single-arched Kleftis' Bridge, which still stands there to remind us of his story.
Our route starts near the stone bridge of Katsogiannis where the entrance to the gorge is located, and ends just before the stone bridge of Liatissa.
The canyon is approximately 1,000 meters long, while its width does not exceed 3-4 meters. It is a narrow canyon, with imposing vertical rocks reaching 150 meters and...in many places, it is so narrow that the sun's rays do not reach the bottom!
The crossing of this particular canyon presents no technical difficulties and does not require the use of ropes. However, all participants wear a helmet, life jacket, and neoprene suit (when required) during the crossing.
- 10 years and over
- Good physical condition
- Knowledge of swimming
- Lack of acrophobia
- 09.00: Meeting and transfer to the starting point
- 09:30: Acquaintance with our equipment and briefing
- 10.00: Start of activity
- 10:40: Entrance to the gorge
- 12.30: Exit the canyon
- 13.00: Return to the starting point
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Spilaio, Grebena
Address: Spileo, Grevena
Notes: The meeting point is the Spilaio village