Saronic Sailing Adventure (8 days)
If you love sailing and you wish to combine your summer vacations with some adventure, culture, history, and relaxation in the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea, then our Saronic Sailing Adventure is the perfect option for you!
Join us onboard and let us show you the hidden gems of the Saronic Gulf, indulge you in the local cuisine, and guide you through the history of some significant archaeological sites, such as the temple of Aphaea and Ancient Epidaurus. You can also enjoy swimming, snorkeling, hiking, biking, and much more, having an unforgettable experience you will remember for years!
This tour is also ideal for families traveling with children. The generally protected from winds Saronic sea sets the ideal conditions for a fantastic family sailing adventure!
- Taste the traditional pistachios in Aegina island
- Visit the temple of Aphaea, built 500 BC and the monastery of Agios Nektrarios, one of the biggest in the Balkans
- Hike in the “ghost town” of Paleachora, the island’s former capital, with its numerous byzantine churches
- Swim in the crystal – clear waters of Moni and Agkistri islands
- Discover the 18m deep shipwreck in Dorousa island
- Enjoy sea sports on Poros island
- Listen to a stage whisper at the ancient Epidaurus theater
- Take a Donkey-riding tour on car-free Hydra or follow one of its numerous hiking paths
- Swim in a pirate’s hideout, an underwater cave on Spetses island
Day 1: Athens – Aegina island
Welcome aboard! On our first day, you will embark our boat, which will be your vacation home for the next week. You will take a boat tour with all the necessary instructions you need to know and you can settle in your cabins. We will then sail to our first destination, Aegina Island, famous for its pistachios. On our way there we can optionally make a stop near Agia Marina for a quick swim.
Upon arrival in Aegina, later in the afternoon, you are free to visit Aegina town, walk through its narrow streets or alongside the picturesque port, and enjoy a cup of iced coffee. If you are a history aficionado, we also recommend you to visit the Temple of Apollo at the archaeological site of Kolona, which lies at a walking distance from the port. Once there, do not miss the chance to visit the Archaeological Museum, the first one to have ever been built in Greece (in 1829). Dinner and drinks in Aegina’s bars are entirely up to your mood!
Tip: do not forget to buy some fresh fruits and vegetables from the floating groceries (traditional boats in the port selling fruits & vegetables).
Day 2: Aegina - Agkistri island – Aegina/ Epidaurus
After enjoying breakfast on board, we’ll take an exciting tour in Aegina inland and explore some of its hidden gems! We will first visit the temple of Aphaea (dating back to 500 BC), located on a pine-clad hill at the northeast side of the island. We will then head to the island’s Mystras and also former capital, Paleachora. We will follow the hiking trails to explore this abandoned “ghost town” with its numerous byzantine churches and enjoy the panoramic views over the Saronic Gulf. Next comes the impressive Monastery of Saint Nektarios, one of the biggest of the Balkans.
We will then set sail to the small, verdant island of Agkistri, considered to be the closest to Athens natural paradise! You can enjoy swimming & snorkeling in the crystal clear waters of the Saronic Gulf. We can also anchor at the magnificent uninhabited island of Dorousa, where you can discover, while snorkeling or diving, the shipwreck of the 79m long Avantis III, lying at 18m depth!
In the evening, we’ll reach the quaint fishing village of Perdika, in Aegina island, where we will stay overnight.
(*You can optionally choose to stay overnight at the port of Epidaurus, from where you can visit next morning the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus)
Day 3: Aegina/Epidaurus – Hydra
In the morning, after we enjoy breakfast on board, we will sail to Hydra island. Once we get there, you are free to explore the car-free island of Hydra, whose only transport is mules, foot, or boat. It is an elegant artist’s colony and gives a sense of magic and romantic touch. You can wander in the art shops, handmade jewelry stores, and clothing boutiques or take a gentle hike inland and upward, ascending to the Prophet Elias monastery. The island is a paradise for hiking lovers and naturalists and its diverse natural environment and rich history and tradition make Hydra a unique destination you will love.
The sailing boat is at your entire disposal if you simply want to relax onboard or enjoy swimming in one of the island’s rocky beaches!
Day 4: Hydra - Spetses island
Today we will sail to the charming small island of Spetses. The island is well – known for its long naval tradition and its significant contribution to the War of Independence in 1821. You will feel captivated by its romantic and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Spend the day circumnavigating the island by bike, stopping at the beach with an underwater cave you can swim into. Cars are banned in the harbor town, Dapia. If you are traveling with your family, treat the kids to a ride in a horse-drawn carriage on the cobble-stoned streets.
Day 5: Spetses - Dokos island - Ermioni
In the morning, you can enjoy a walk around the picturesque town of Spetses, before we depart for the almost uninhabited tiny island of Dokos. This is an ideal and favorite destination for sailing boats, as it offers clear waters and shelter from all winds. It is also perfect for those who love wild landscapes, peace, tranquility, and stunning sunset views! There, we will anchor, enjoy some more swimming.
Later in the afternoon, we’ll sail towards the small town of Ermioni, at the edge of the Peloponnese peninsula, where we’ll stay overnight.
Day 6: Ermioni - Poros island
After breakfast, we’ll set sail for the island of Poros. Once we enter Poros harbor, you cannot help but sigh at the scenic view of the little town that rises amphitheatrically over two hills and admire the historic Clock tower and the pastel-colored buildings lining the harbor front.
The island’s two bays supply all the water sports you will need – water skiing, snorkeling, little boats, sea kayaking, windsurfing. Alternatively, you can spend a leisure morning, on and off the boat, swimming, snorkeling, reading your favorite book, or playing games!
Day 7: Poros - Athens
This is the last morning of our sailing adventure, so you have the entire morning free to relax, swim or take a walk alongside the picturesque port of Poros island before we set sails for our return trip to Athens.
Day 8: Departures - Check out
In the morning, by 9:30 am – 10:00 am, you will have to check out from the boat. You can either arrange a transfer to the airport if you need to catch your flight, or continue your holidays in Greece!
Read MoreRead Less
- Cancellation 14 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 7 and 14 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 7 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the cooperating company (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Marina Alimou