13-day hiking trip to Delphi, Meteora and Mount Olympus
- Day 1: Athens Acropolis – Museum
Arrival at Athens airport. Meeting with the guide. Visit the Acropolis’s archeological museum and Thisio.
Overnight stay in a hotel in Athens.
- Day 2: Athens – Delphi
Transfer from Athens to Delphi. Delphi is one of the most beautiful ancient sites in Greece, famous for the ancient oracle. We spend the day admiring the archaeological sites, visiting the museum and the old stadium. Overnight stay in a hotel at Delphi.
- Day 3: Livadeia Parnassou – Delphi
Transfer to Livadeia Parnassou by mini bus. We continue to Delphi on foot. First, we visit the Korikion Andron, the cave of Pausanias, and later, we follow the path to Delphi. Overnight stay in a hotel at Delphi.
- Day 4: Delphi – Kastraki
Transfer to Kastraki by bus. Arrive at Kastraki, the traditional village at the base of the Meteora Rocks. In the afternoon, we can visit the town of Kalambaka. Overnight stay in a traditional hotel in Kastraki.
- Day 5: (Kastraki) Walk and Monastery visit
Walk around the western Meteora, following the same old paths the monks used to follow. These paths head up to the rocks of Meteora and lead us to the cliff-top monasteries, the high places of the Greek-orthodox spirituality. We will have enough time to visit two of the most important ones: Megalo Meteoro and Varlaam. Overnight stay in traditional rooms in Kastraki. (4 hours)
- Day 6: Kastraki Walk around the Meteora Rocks
It’s a day to enjoy Meteora rocks. Overnight stay in a traditional hotel in Kastraki.
- Day 7: Kastraki-Litochoro
Transfer from Kalambaka to Litochoro.
Overnight stay in a traditional hotel in Litochoro.
- Day 8: Ennipeas Gorge
Transfer to Prionia, where our hike begins, at an altitude of 1.100 meters. We enter the Enippeas Gorge, passing a cave chapel and the monastery of St. Dionysus. We will be able to swim in several river pools during our hike. Time for a picnic. After seven hours of walking, we arrive at Litochoro. Overnight stay in a traditional hotel in Litochoro.
- Day 9: Walk from Prionia, (1100m) to Refuge – Spilios Agapitos (2.100 m)
Transfer to Prionia where our hike begins, at an altitude of 1.100 meters. The route from Prionia to Spilios Agapitos Refuge is the most famous hiking path on Mount Olympus (part of the E4). Prionia is the highest point, which can be reached by car. Most of the hiking route is through a thick forest of pine, beech, and fir trees and the path is in good condition. We reach the refuge (2.100m alt). Overnight in the refuge.
- Day 10: Peak ascents Skala(2.882 m), Skolio (2.911m), Mytikas (2.917m)
From the refuge, a zig zagging path will bring us just under the mountain’s main summits. It’s time to choose, according to group’s fitness and weather conditions, whether we will climb first Skala at 2.882 meters and then cross a narrow ridge climb to the summit of Skolio at 2.911meters, or, if weather permits and there is no snow, we ascend to the main summit – Mytikas (2.917meters), Greece’s highest peak, following a narrow gorge (it involves about 150 m of scrambling)! (4-5 hrs. walking on narrow paths – some scrambling involved – altitude gain of 800m). After reaching the summit we descend by the same way to our refuge. Overnight in the refuge.
- Day 11: Refuge A – Spilios Agapitos (2.100 m)- Prionia (1.100m)- Litochoro
An easier day begins. Following the same path, we walked two days ago, we finish our walk in our starting point in Prionia. Transfer to Litochoro by mini bus or taxi. The afternoon is free for swimming and relaxing in the beach. Overnight in a traditional hotel in Litochoro.
- Day 12: Litochoro
Visit the archaeological area of Dion and the beach of Litochoro for swimming and relaxation. Overnight in a traditional hotel in Litochoro.
- Day 13 Transfer to the airport
The end of Trekking Delfi – Meteora – Olympus
Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. We are not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Spata Loutsa, Perifereiaki enotita Anatolikis Attikis
Address: Athens Airport
Notes: Transportation is provided to the activity point.