Explore caves near Athens (Lion's Cave)
Caves in Attica !! Her well-hidden secrets !!!
Attica, although inextricably linked to Athens, continues to be a place of exquisite natural beauty, many of which are unknown to the general public, even the locals.
One of the least known natural beauties of Attica is its caves. And this is rather expected as, unfortunately, most of them are not accessible to the general public.
An important cave, where traces of prehistoric habitation were found. The cave was used as a habitat throughout the Neolithic period (early 5th to late 4th millennium BC). Researchers at the University of Athens have identified stone floors with fire, ceramics and tools. A significant number of stone and clay figurines show that the cave was used from the classical to the Hellenistic years as a sanctuary, probably - like all the corresponding caves - dedicated to Pan and the Nymphs !!!
The cave is about 10m high, 50m long and 20m wide. Its decoration includes two large drip rows as well as an umbrella-shaped formation. He was given the name LEONTARI because, according to legend, in the cave lived a terrible lottery and caused great damage in the surrounding areas. Legend has it that the lion was exterminated by St. Nicholas, who marbled it and erected it in front of the church of St. Nicholas in Kantza. Legend has it that the giant marble lion was found in front of the temple. The lion from 1966 to 1969 was kept in the courtyard of the Byzantine Museum of Athens !!
PRICES (include legal VAT 24%)
- € 55 per person, 2-4 participants
- € 35 per person, 5-9 participants
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Lion's Cave