Full day exploration of Halkidikis' inland
A full-day exploration of Halkidiki’s beautiful inland, around the area of Arnaia and Mt. Holomontas.
Setting off from Thessaloniki we drive to Halkidiki and start with a hike on part of Aristotle’s path, passing through ancient Stageira and ending by the sea at the village of Olympiada. After a traditional fish lunch, our next destination is the waterfalls in St. Varvara, a little earthly paradise. Before returning back to Thessaloniki, we will make a last stop at the vinery “Claudia Papayianni” to taste some of the well-known wines of Chalkidiki.
- Hike on Aristotle’s Path
- Waterfalls of St.Varvara
- Seafront fish meal
- Winery Visit
- 09:30 am After breakfast, we will start our trip in the area of Arnaia and Holomontas. Our trail will lead us to a unique landscape among firs, beeches, chestnuts, etc.
- 11:00 am After an hour’s drive (approx. 85 km), we will reach the Grove of Aristotle, the only theme park in Halkidiki at an altitude of 500 m, facing the bay of Ierissos. In the park, you will see models of interactive devices that operate based on the laws of nature, as Aristotle described in his work, the “Physica”. Near the grove, there is the restored Ottoman bath, which consists of three functional apartments in a row. The domes were decorated with embossed stalactites and star-shaped openings for natural light.
- 12:35 pm A nice path starts from the grove of Aristotle and leads to ancient Stageira. We will follow a part of the path from the Kerasouda forest site, the highest point of the route to ancient Stageira in the village of Olympiada. The route length is 9 km with a downhill slope of 740m altitude and a duration of about 2 hours. Our hiking route crosses Mount Stratoniko.
- 14:30 pm Lunch on the beach of Olympiada village. Fresh fish in a local tavern by the sea!
- 16:30 pm After our lunch, our next destination is the waterfalls in St. Varvara. We will travel by our minibus for about 20 minutes (8 km) to set foot in a little earthly paradise!! We will definitely feel the chill water and admire the lush landscape!!
- 19:30 pm Our last visit for the day is at the vinery “Claudia Papayianni” for wine tasting since Halkidiki is known for its vineyards.
- 21:00 pm Return to Thessaloniki.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: EO Thessalonikis Ierissou, Stagira 630 74
Notes: Upon communication.