Kassandra full day Tour, Halkidiki
Discover Halkidiki, a large peninsula in Northern Greece, surrounded by the Aegean Sea, with enchanting beaches, rich history, and significant caves – an area of outstanding natural beauty! In Kassandra's full-day tour, we will explore the most famous places on the peninsula and we will participate in various activities that will give us a glimpse of...paradise on Earth.
Our day starts with a visit to the Petralona Cave and we continue with an amazing SUPs crossing of the Potidea Canal. After a refreshing swim, we continue to the lighthouse of Cape Poseidon before we visit the thermal springs of Agia Paraskevi.
A day full of beautiful scenery, action, and swimming in magical bays.
- Petralona Cave
- SUP in Potidea Canal
- Cape Poseidon Lighthouse at Poseidi
- Thermal springs of St. Paraskevi
- Swimming & Snorkeling in the emerald waters of Myti & St.Mamas beaches
228klm from Thessaloniki.
- Basic physical condition.
- Swimming knowledge.
- 09:00 am: Pick up from your hotel in Thessaloniki and board the minibus for the area of Kassandra, the first “leg” of Halkidiki. But first, we will make a stop at the cave of Petralona, 56km. from Thessaloniki (50 minutes drive), to admire the geological beauty of the cave and the findings that are among the earliest human findings in Europe.
- 11:30 am: After visiting the Cave of Petralona, we will continue our journey southward to the village of Nea Potidea. After a 30-minute drive and 30km., we will reach our destination. The main attraction of Nea Potidea is the canal which dates back to 315 BC, that connects the two bays, Thermaikos and Toroneos.
- 12:30 pm: We will cross the canal with SUP from one entrance to the other. The total length of the canal is 1,250m with a width of 40m. Our activity will end at the long beach of Nea Potidea in the bay of St. Mamas with turquoise crystal clear waters. Duration of activity about 1 ½ hours, 2 nautical miles.
- 14:30 pm: Light lunch in a beach restaurant.
- 17:00 pm: We will then head to the cape of Poseidon, 22km from Nea Potidea, approximately 25 minutes drive. Near the village of Poseidi, there is an old lighthouse built in 1864, manufactured by a French lighthouse company. Its height is 14.5 meters, and the height of its light (focal height) is 23 meters. The lighthouse at Poseidi was once very close to the sea, although today the distance between the lighthouse and the water is significantly increased due to the deposition of sand on the cape. The lighthouse is still in use today. The sandy beach near the lighthouse, Myti Beach, is unique and special as it has crystal clear waters on both sides, and it is not crowded. Near the lighthouse, we will see the remains of the temple of Poseidon (6th -7th BC), who was the god of the sea.
- 18:30 pm: Next stop will be the Thermal Baths of Agia Paraskevi, 21km from Poseidi, 20 minutes drive. Here we can...put on our diving masks, snorkels, and flippers (swim fins) to visit the underwater bubbles that form an upside-down waterfall!
- 20:00 pm: After this full day, we return to Thessaloniki.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Kassandreia, Chalkidiki
Address: Kassandreia, Chalkidiki