4-Days Sea Kayak Diaporos Islands and Ammouliani, Halkidiki
A journey that combines almost everything: an uninhabited and an inhabited island! Magnificent sunrises and sunsets. The vastness of the sea, yet in weather-protected locations. A...pleasant paddle followed by relaxing on secluded beaches. Snorkel in such clear waters that you can see to the bottom or swim in aquamarine blue seas.
An unforgettable experience in Mount Athos Bay, in Halkidiki! A 4 Day Sea kayak trip around Diaporos & Ammouliani islands.
Day 1:Ouranoupoli - Drenia - Karagatsia Bay (Ammouliani)
- 09:00 am: Meeting with your guide, welcome briefing, and handing out equipment. After the training, we will paddle directly to the beautiful small islands near Ammouliani.
- 10.00 am: We will take a break at Drenia island, with its stunning beaches and shallow waters, to observe the underwater life with diving masks and snorkels. We will swim in the warm, crystal-clear waters and enjoy the sun on the golden sandy beaches. We then head towards Ammouliani, viewing the magnificent cliffs and reefs of the southwest coast
- 14:00 pm: Break for swimming and food on Alykes Beach, one of the most famous beaches on the island.
- 17:30 pm: We paddle for 1.5 miles to Karagatsia Bay.
- 18:30 pm: We will prepare the place to camp in the evening, and we will have dinner in the local tavern or BBQ on the beach with a fire pit.
Day 2:Ammouliani - Faka - Tratovoli - Tsaska - Vourvourou
- 9:00 am: After breakfast, we will prepare the kayaks and begin our paddling day!
- 11:00 am: Break for rest and swimming on Faka, Tratovoli, and Tsaska beaches.
- 14:00 pm: After carefully passing the port of Ammouliani we paddle further for about 6 miles, until we reach the beach of St. George or on the adjacent Grypos beach where we stop for a light lunch and rest.
- 17:00 pm: We will continue our kayak trip, paddling again toward the Drenia islands.
- 19:00 pm: We load our equipment into a minivan and we will be transported to the bay of Vourvourou at Rea’s camping (65 km).
- 20:30 p.m: We’ll set up our tents and have dinner at the camping restaurant.
Day 3:Vourvourou - Trani - Vourvourou
- 09:00 am: After breakfast, we will paddle directly to the beautiful small islands in Vourvourou Bay.
- 10:00 am: We will have a break on the amazing beach of Lagonisi for a refreshing swim and "solar charge" on the golden sandy beaches. Then, we will paddle between the islets of Peristeri and Elia Ag. Nikolaos in the area “Kryfto”. There, we can visit the ruins of the oldest Christian church in the area of Sithonia, which dates to approximately 500 AD. Our final destination is the magnificent turquoise natural pool between the island of Diaporo and the island of St. Isidore – a unique point for swimming.
- 14:00 pm: Lunch break and swimming on White Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. Our lunch will be a picnic (salads, fruits, cheese).
- 16:30 pm: We paddle to the small pool, and there we will swim for a while.
- 18:00 pm: We will visit another wonderful beach in the vicinity, Pakia Beach.
- 20:00 pm: Dinner in the tavern of Vourvourou village. Overnight at the Rea camping.
Day 4:Vourvourou - Kavourotrypes
- 09:00 am: After breakfast, we will prepare the kayaks to paddle along the eastern shore of the peninsula, facing Mount Athos.
- 11:00 am: After passing the beautiful beach of Fava and the pine-covered beach of Bara, we will stop for short rest and swim on the Lakara beach (we have traveled about 3 n.m. ).
- 13:00 pm: Our second stop will be at Armenistis Beach, the gem of the Sithonia peninsula. Endless golden sand, crystal clear waters, a splendid view of Mount Athos, and tall pines provide us with shade. It is definitely an opportunity for a relaxing dive. We will have a light meal consisting of salads, cheese, and fruits, at the restaurant of the campsite. (we have traveled at 3 n.m.).
- 16:00 pm: We will depart, paddling for the next 3 nautical miles until we reach Kavourotripes beach – the end of our journey. There, we will swim, play with kayaks, and explore underwater life with diving masks and snorkels. Kavourotripes is the hidden gem of Halkidiki. These are small coves, hidden behind a beautiful pine forest, with dazzling white sandy beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters. The exotic landscape and the view of the imposing Mount Athos make the place look like a little earthly paradise.
- 18:00 pm: Our vehicle will pick us up and we will return to our hotel or to our cars that we left in Ouranoupolis.
- The medieval tower of Ouranoupolis.
- Diaporos & Drenia islands.
- World-famous beaches.
- Snorkeling in crystal clear water.
- Ruins of the medieval St. Andreas church on the Diaporos island.
Ammouliani is an island located between the second and third peninsulas of Halkidiki in the bay of Mount Athos. It has an area of about 4.5 square kilometers and is connected by ferry from the coast of Tripiti (2 n.m.).
In the past, it was a metochi of the Vatopedi Monastery, while after 1925 it became a place of settlement for refugees from Asia Minor. It has about five hundred permanent residents, who are engaged in fishing and tourism.
This small and beautiful island is an idyllic sea destination ... golden and fine sandy beaches, secluded bays, turquoise waters, and steep cliffs.
Diaporos island is "sitting across" Mount Athos Bay across Ammouliani and can only be reached by private boat or kayak. It has an area of 3.2 square kilometers and a huge natural bay 700 meters long, which serves as a mooring place for the boats when the sea is rough. The bay ends in shallow waters, warm throughout the year, making it a paradise for those who swim in the winter!
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Ouranoupoli, Chalkidiki
Address: Ouranoupolis Tower
Notes: Meeting time: 8:45 am