Hidden Trails of Meteora
Pack your camera and hiking gear and prepare to experience Meteora like a true local. Walk through nature’s playground in one of the world’s most popular UNESCO sites. Explore a truly unique geological phenomenon that is surrounded by breathtaking flora and fauna, hidden ancient monastery ruins like Ypapanti (which can only be seen by hikers), and caves previously inhabited by hermits.
Join this morning hiking tour to Meteora and fully experience this true marvel accompanied by a knowledgeable local mountain guide. After a convenient pick-up (with our VIP minibus) from your hotel in Kalabaka or Kastraki, the hike starts from the foothills of Meteora.
During this guided tour you will have the opportunity to follow the 15 centuries-old footsteps of the first monks by walking through “hidden trails” that only the locals know.
You will discover the jaw-dropping “hidden” monastery of Ypapanti and view the ancient Ruins of St. Dimitrios. Additionally, you will visit the monastery of Great Meteoron or Varlaam (depending on the day of the hike) and learn all about the history and legends directly from your local mountain guide.
Last but not least, you will have the time to enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views and capture some amazing photos that you will cherish forever.
- Distance: 7km
- Elevation: 200m
The monasteries of Meteora impose a strict dress code. Men must wear long trousers. Women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders.
*Skirts are also provided at the entrance of each monastery.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: 140 Trikalon, Kalampaka
Notes: Pick-up from your hotel in Kalampaka or Kastraki.