Mt.Olympus express tour (2 days-1 night) Mytikas 2918m
Mt. Olympus, the highest mountain in Greece, is a place of divine beauty, blessed by the ancient Greek gods and chosen by Zeus to host their home.
In the eastern flanks of Mt. Olympus it’s Greece’s first national park, created in the 1930s, with no roads within it apart from the trailhead access road.
There is also no habitation apart from the two shelters, which bring together groups of mountaineers from across the globe in their cozy and homey atmosphere.
The mountain’s watershed divides the regions of Thessaly (south) and Macedonia (north); east is the Aegean Sea, which brings in the afternoon/evening mist so characteristic of this mountain.
A monumental natural landscape with thickly forested slopes and steep rocky foggy and cloud-covered peaks, hosting more than 1500 plant species, some of them rare and endemic, as well as wolves, jackals, deers, and some endangered bird and butterfly species.
- The program begins and ends in the village of Litochoro in the foothills of Mt. Olympus.
In case you are flying to Greece, we recommend flying to Thessaloniki airport (Greece’s second biggest town) from where the trip to Litochoro is about 1,5 hours. In case you fly to Athens, the trip is about 6 hours long and we recommend traveling one day before and spending a night in Litochoro. In case you need assistance with hotel bookings or other services please contact us.
Day 1: Prionia - Refuge of Spilios Agapitos
- 14:00: Meeting at the base of our company, Litochoro Central Square and departure by cars for 1100m Prionia.
- 15:00: We begin our hike on the well-marked international E4 hiking trail that will take us 3-4 hours to the Spilios Agapitos Refuge at 2100m.
- 18:00: Arrival at Spilios Agapitos shelter where we will stay overnight. The view from the refuge is magnificent with Litochoro and the sea stretching at our feet. We will enjoy the setting sun which uniquely paints the mountain!
DAY 2: TOP
- 06:30: Morning wake up to enjoy the sunrise with our breakfast and get ready for the ascent to the high peaks of Mount Olympus.
- 07:30: From the refuge we will follow the sigmoid E4 trail reaching approximately 2400m to Triennes, as there are three main trails of Olympus. We will continue along the E4 main trail to the top of Skala (2866m) a small plateau with stunning views across the mountain. Depending on the circumstances, we will either follow the stone path for Mytikas (2918m) - (use of security equipment) or the path for Scolios (2911m) the second highest peak of Greece.
- 15:00: Return to Prionia after a two-day event full of pictures and experiences
- 27-28 June 2020
- 4-5 July 2020
- 25-26 July 2020
- 15-16 August 2020
- 29-30 August 2020
- 12-13 September 2020
- 26-27 September 2020
- 10-11 October 2020
- 17-18 October 2020
*Scheduled dates with groups for women only:
- 15-16 August 2020
- 12-13 September 2020
* (If you choose one of the above dates the cost is 210 euro / person regardless the number of participants)
For all other dates the cost is as follows:
- 210 € / person for over 4 participants
- 240 € / person for 3 participants
- 315 € / person for 2 participants
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date
You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
No reimbursements will be effected
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: 55 peaks
Point of activity