Olive oil tour & tasting at Corinth
The olive tour and olive oil tasting, run by OLEOSOPHIA, at one of the family's olive groves is a unique experience where visitors can learn about the rare Manaki variety directly from the producers, see the cultivation methods and the conditions in which the Manaki trees grow, understanding what makes them so unique.
After the tour, our experienced team will guide participants through an olive oil tasting, exploring together the aromas and flavors through different olive oil samples. The session ends with food pairing to inspire people to use olive oil in their kitchen to elevate their cooking!
This is a fun and informative experience, one that stays with the participants forever as they leave having learned useful things about their gastronomic perception and having seen olive oil in a new light!
- We begin our walking tour through the olive grove from the meeting point, where the small chapel of St. Efrem is.
- During the walk, we discuss the olive tree as part of our heritage and culture, and its contribution to history, mythology, economy, and art while we explore the Manaki trees – an olive variety that is delicate and rare and is not cultivated in other parts of the world.
- We explore the cultivation and agricultural practices, the challenges the trees and producers face, and the significance of overcoming these challenges to achieve high quality. We take a look into the lifecycle of olive oil from farm to table and learn about the defects that can be developed in olive oil when not made carefully. As a result, visitors understand the complexity of producing artisan, high-quality olive oil!
- Our walk finishes with our arrival at our kiosk, situated at the highest point of the olive grove and overlooking the trees and the view across it.
- There, visitors take a seat at the olive oil tasting table to begin our tasting session! A number of different olive oil samples will be available for visitors to smell and taste, under the guidance of our experienced team. They will compare and evaluate the other samples to better understand the differences in quality as well as variety profile.
- During the olive oil tasting sessions, visitors will enjoy the following:
- Learn everything about olive oil categories and the basic principles of olive oil tasting
- Explore the fruitiness, pungency, and bitterness
- Learn how to appreciate and taste olive oil to identify award-winning qualities as well as negative traits and tell the difference
- Understand the role of olive oil in the Mediterranean diet in a holistic way
- Discover the many health benefits of olive oil
- Find out how to shop for olive oil, how to store it, and how to use it properly
- Get inspired with food pairing, learning how to combine olive oil with food in order to elevate a simple dish into a gastronomic experience!
- Leaving the activity, visitors will see olive oil in a new light, have the knowledge to select an olive oil from the shelf, add value to their nutrition and well-being and reinvent their appreciation of olive oil
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: OLEOSOPHIA Olive Garden & Olive Oil Tastings in Kalentzi, Corinth, Greece
Notes: There is a small chapel upon entry to our olive grove. That's our meeting point!