Samaria Gorge Hike from Chania (Long Way)
- 05:20‐06:10 Pick up
- 07:30 First stop Omalos Plateau.
- 08:00 Begin hike Xyloskalo (1.200 m)
- 14:00 End hike at Agia Roumeli Village (it depends on how fast you walk) Free time to eat & drink and to swim.
- 16:30 Meet your guide at Agia Roumeli and get the ferryboat tickets to Sougia.
- 17:00-17:30 Departure from Agia Roumeli to Sougia
- 18:30 Arrival to Sougia
- 20:00‐20:30 Arrival at your Hotel
*Please note: The pick up starts from the area of Kolimbari and ends at Chania area. (Kolimbari, Tavronitis, Maleme, Gerani, Platanias, Agia Marina, Stalos, Kalamaki,Ag. Apostoli, Chania City, Halepa).
This route will take us across the Omalos plateau, starting from Xyloskalo, more than 1200 meters above sea level. During the 6-hour hike, we'll get to know the vast forests and ecosystem of the Samaria National Park, as well as the beauty of the rock formations of the gorge - be prepared to cross dizzying and zigzagging trails!
The route will end at the Iron Gates and reach Agia Roumeli, where we'll board a boat that will take us to Sougia. There a bus will be waiting for us to take us back to Canea. Arrival at your hotel is scheduled for approximately 8:30 pm.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 24 hours before the start date of the agreed activity. You will be automatically refunded for the full price of the activity.
- Cancellation 24 hours or later before the start date of the agreed activity is what we call last minute cancellations. No refunds will be made.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Notes: Meeting/pick-up point by appointment
Point of activity
Region: Sfakia, Chania