A day in Nature on South Rethymno, Crete
The only excursion that includes everything!
Dam of the river – Agios Antonios gorge – Karines – Botanical garden – Spili – Kourtaliotis gorge – Plakias beach
The magnificent South Rethymnon hides mysterious destinations and by exploring it you will discover villages, gorges, lakes, and imposing mountains. The route includes passages through olive groves and traditional villages that smell wildflowers and herbs ending in the authentic beaches of the South Cretan Sea. Live the experience!
Follow us through the savage natural landscape of Crete which makes your soul fill full of power.
We start from Rethymno at 8:30 and after 35 min. we arrive at the dam of the rivers collecting amazing photos from the lake. The lake has a capacity of 23 million cubic meters and is one of the most important wetlands in the southeast Mediterranean, with many species of birds and animals being recorded in the area. The dam gathers water from the gorge of Patsos.
While just 15 minutes away, we will stop in the magnificent gorge of Agios Antonios with the small church in the rocky cave, in a green environment. The impressive gorge of Agios Antonios—also known as Patsos Gorge—is in the midland of the regional unit of Rethymno.
Then we will pass through some traditional villages and we will stop to take pictures at the higher point of the area, viewing the North and the South Rethymno and the two highest mountains of Crete. Τhen we will visit a botanical garden for a 40-minute guided tour. You will discover the plants and flowers of Crete, famous for their healing properties.
At the end of the tour, we will have tea to enjoy and smell the magic of Cretan nature.
We continue towards Spili (a famous village for its natural springs), we will visit the folklore museum and we will have free time for coffee. As long as we cross the imposing gorge of Kourtaliotis we will move towards Plakias beach for swimming and food with a view to the South Cretan Sea or Libyan.
Afterward, we return back to Rethymno at 17:30.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point on time, before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Notes: Meeting/pick-up point by appointment
Point of activity
Region: Plakias, Rethumno