Elafonissi Beach Day Tour From Rethymno
A trip to this famous lagoon located in the southwest corner of Crete, with its crystal clear water and pink coral sands is unforgettable. We start from Rethymno, pick up service near the hotel, at 7:00-7:30 in the morning.
Repeatedly this beach has been chosen to be among the world's most beautiful. Elafonisi is an exotic place, a flat piece of land with sporadic vegetation and a great contrast to the stark bareness of the Cretan mountains. The pink sand is produced by the large number of pink shells that get ground up by the sea.
After 2 hours and 30 min. We arrived at Elafonissi Beach, the famous lagoon with its pink coral sands and crystal-clear water. On the way to our destination, the drive takes you inland via the spectacular Topolia Gorge where we take our breakfast, and then through many old traditional and very Typical Cretan villages.
A few kilometers further on you arrive at Elafonissi beach around midday. You can sunbed or wade across to the island. In peak season it can be a bustling beach. There are canteens for drinks and snacks.
On the way back we make a nice stop at Agia Sofia for our lunch and visit the cave. There are about 240 steps up to the cave with stalagmites, stalactites, and the small chapel. We are continuing along the west and through the lush chestnut Monastery of Chrysoskaliitissa where views are magnificent and the white-washed walls with blue window trim is the sort of thing you see on Santorini.
Around 18:30 we will have returned to Rethymno.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 24 hours before the start date of the agreed activity. You will be automatically refunded for the full price of the activity.
- Cancellation 24 hours or later before the start date of the agreed activity is what we call last minute cancellations. No refunds will be made.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Notes: Pick up/drop off to your hotel
Point of activity
Region: Inachori, Chania