Day trip to Preveli Palm Beach From Rethymno
On this unforgettable beach tour, we visit the south of Crete and the boat will take us to the beautiful beaches of Damnoni, Preveli, and Plakias. Our route starts at 7:00 – 8:45 in the morning from Rethymno, pick up service near the hotel.
On the way to the south coast, we drive through the wild Kourtaliotis Gorge, where we stop to visit the magnificent waterfalls and the springs of the little river Preveli. Kourtaliotis Gorge is very small compared to other Cretan gorges, yet it is of magical beauty. Actually, it is perhaps the most wonderful natural attraction in the whole of Rethymno Prefecture. The gorge is an important biotope since rare species of birds of prey live in the caves formed on its slopes.
After 15 min. drive, we stop at Damnoni Beach. The boat will pick us up to bring us to Preveli Beach,(the boat trip takes approximately 30 min. of time). Preveli is an idyllic and incredibly beautiful beach, we have 3 hours to enjoy a splendid swim in the crystal clear water of the Libyan Sea to sunbathe and relax as well as to undertake an adventurous walk through the tropical palm tree forest or have a coffee.
The Palm Beach Preveli lies at the south end of the Kourtaliotis Gorge, at the mouth of the Preveli River. The gorge with its huge vertical cliffs, the mouth of the green river, and the unique palm-tree forest make the place very different and very special. Preveli is rightly the most romantic, the most idyllic beach on our island. We stay there for approximately 3 hours and you have enough time to enjoy splendid swimming in the Libyan Sea, sunbathe, and relax as well as to undertake an adventurous walk through the tropical palm-tree forest.
Afterward, we go to the picturesque bay and the village of Plakias, where we stay for a traditional lunch or for one more enjoyable swim in the crystal clear water of the Libyan Sea.
At about 18:00 we will be back in Rethymno.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point on time, before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Notes: Meeting/pick-up point by appointment
Point of activity
Region: Piso Moni Prebeli, Rethumno