Guided tour of Lake Kournas and the village of Plakias, Crete
On this trip, we will like to show you a very special and different part of our island, an almost untouched area with high mountains and old villages trimmed with the wild natural beauty of the area.
Our trip starts at 09:00 in the morning from Rethymno, a pick-up place near the hotel. This excursion shows you a little bit of everything: old traditional villages, churches, mountains, wild gorges, nice beaches, and all the excitement that comes with them.
The first stop is at Lake Kournas where we can have lunch, relax, and swim in the Crystal clear waters of the lake. It is the only freshwater lake in Crete. Lake Kournas was known as Lake Koressia in antiquity but later took its current name from the Arabic word for lake. Lake Kournas is relatively small, with a maximum length of 1,087 m and a maximum breadth of 880 m. It covers an area of 579,000 sq. m. and is generally shallow, 22.5 m at its deepest point, while it lies approximately 20 m above sea level. After a drive through the countryside takes us to the village of Argyroupolis. We will stop to admire its charming springs and we will be able to walk through the old narrow allies and have a coffee break.
Then we go to Plakias where we can have a meal, see the village or spend time at the beach. On the way back we take a different road through the Kourtaliotis Gorge, where we stop for about 10 min. to take our photos.
Around 17:30 we returned to Rethymno.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Rethumno, Rethumno
Notes: Meeting/pick-up point by appointment
Point of activity
Region: Lappaioi, Rethumno