Wine and Olive oil Tasting with lunch at Apokoronas from Rethymno or Chania, Crete
Every Stop a Unique Experience!
- 1st Stop
Explore the world of Cretan Olive oil
Kanakis modern Olive oil factory and its experts will welcome us and share their knowledge concerning olive oil production process. Upon arrival we’ll meet an ancient olive tree, standing there for over hundreds of years, gifting generously its olives to locals and visitors. After a few steps, we are inside the facility, where the innovative olive mill will be waiting for us; but, no need to rush! Let's enjoy a traditional Greek coffee or some fresh juice first. The calm and quiet atmosphere of this little coffee corner inside the facility is just ideal to relax and take a moment before we start our informative tour. The experts will walk us step by step through the production process. Of course after that, they won’t let us leave without offering us a taste of their exquisite virgin olive oil! At first we will taste it with no additives, to be able to enjoy its smell, taste and texture in its purest form. Right after that, it will be served to us the way ancient Cretans preferred it; infused with salt and lemon. At the end they will let us know the secrets on storage, best use and healthy attributes of the olive oil.
- 2nd Stop
Taste unique Cretan Wine varieties
After a 10' drive we will reach one of the best wineries of the region, to learn - and taste – everything concerning the Cretan wine. There, we will enjoy a 30-40' tour, during which we will learn about the history, tradition, the latest developments in the production of wine and of course all information on the particular characteristics of the Cretan “terroir”. We will participate in a fully guided tour of the cellar, with the strong smell of wooden barrels and maturing wine. After the tour, we will continue to the wine tasting room, where we'll be able to taste five types of Cretan wine and train our palates on the delicious wine paths! Try assyrtiko, vidiano, malvazia and other varieties amongst the best of Crete. Of course, mezedes like traditional paximadia and olives couldn’t be missing from this tasting journey.
- 3rd Stop
Time for lunch!
Finally we will visit either the small and beautiful village of Nipos or Vryses, depending on the weather and the day, in order to end our tour on a tasteful note. In Nipos, we will enjoy all the amazing plates in the menu with a side dish of a spectacular mountain view thanks to the position of the taverna. In Vryses we will take our lunch surrounded by the idyllic scenery of the running waters under the shade of tall trees. In the meantime we will share our impressions and best memories of the tour.
- Discover the real Cretan extra virgin olive oil and learn the ways in which the locals taste it
- Have a traditional Greek coffee in the olive oil mill
- Enjoy a fully guided tour in the Dourakis winery
- Become an expert in the Cretan wine varieties
- Explore the wonderful natural vineyard and unique soil aromas
- Enjoy the sweetness of a limoncello or the intense taste of raki, accompanied by rusks
- Have a light meal near the sound of running waters of the river or by the view of the Cretan mountains
Read MoreRead Less
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Eleftheriou Venizelou 41, Rethymno, Greece
Notes: On the road in front of the beerhouse "Bricks"