Day Trip to Gramvousa Island and Balos Lagoon From Chania
- 08:00-09:20 Pick up
- 10:00 Arrival at the port of Kissamos
- 10:20 Departure for Gramvousa island
- 11:30 Arrival at Gramvousa
- 13:30 Departure from Gramvousa
- 13:45 Arrival at Balos
- 16:30 Departure from Balos
- 17:45 Arrival at the port of Kissamos
- 18:30-19:30 Arrival at your Hotel
*Please note: The pick up starts from the area of Kolimbari and ends at Chania area. (Kolimbari, Tavronitis, Maleme, Gerani, Platanias, Agia Marina, Stalos, Kalamaki,Ag. Apostoli, Chania City, Halepa).
Departing from the port of Kissamos and while sailing, you will admire a huge cave, that is believed to have been the ancient shipyard of “Tarsanas”. At the end of the Gulf, you will notice an impressive geological phenomenon where, as a result of the passage of time, the western part of the island is rising, while the eastern part is sinking. This phenomenon was mainly created by catastrophic earthquakes that took place in 66 BC and 365 BC. According to scientific estimates, this geographical phenomenon still continues today, but at a much slower rate.
After approximately 1 hour, the boat arrives at the port of Gramvousa. The island's eminent castle was built by the Venetians in 1579 at the highest point of the island, on top of a steep rock at a height of 137m. It is surrounded by a wall of 272m. It has a roughly triangular shape and each side is 1km in length. Gramvousa castle played an important role in the history of the region. The panoramic view, its majesty, and the legend of the pirate's hidden treasure will tempt you to visit it. The walk takes approximately 20 minutes.
TIP!! You should first visit the Castle in Gramvousa and then swim in the cool water…!
Following the 2 hour visit to Gramvousa, the boat will depart for the lagoon of Balos, a journey of approximately 15 minutes. As there is no harbor at the lagoon, the boat will either drop anchor in the cove of Gramvousa (Tigani), about 200m from the beach, at a depth of approximately 4m, where disembarkation will take place from large boats, or approach the beach where disembarkation can take place directly onto the beach. Your stay at the lagoon, where you can enjoy a fantastic swim, will last for about three hours.
- 8th Best Beach in Europe (Trip-Advisor)
- Walk in the romantic lagoon of Balos
- Swim in the refreshingly cool waters of Balos & Gramvousa Beach (2 Swim Stops!)
- Explore the pirate castle of Gramvousa
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 24 hours before the start date of the agreed activity. You will be automatically refunded for the full price of the activity.
- Cancellation 24 hours or later before the start date of the agreed activity is what we call last minute cancellations. No refunds will be made.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Notes: Meeting/pick-up point by appointment
Point of activity
Region: Kissamos, Chania