Come join us on our one-of-a-kind tour of Rhodes – Tasting Rhodes! On this tour, we discover the culture and customs of Rhodes through its gastronomical and culinary traditions. Tasting Rhodes helps you dive deep into the culture and customs of the island where Food and Drink are concerned. Let your taste buds be amazed by this introduction to all things Greek!
An unforgettable experience where you get to try the wine and cuisine of Rhodes. You even get in on the action with a cookery class taught by our one and only Kiria Seva and also at the local women’s cooperative at the start of our day. We also visit a local winery and do some wine tasting. Then we enjoy our culinary creations over a delicious traditional Greek lunch. To end the day we visit a local historical cafe.
Our Food and Drink tour – Tasting Rhodes takes place in the unspoiled and undeveloped mountainous village of Apollonia.
The tour starts from the unspoiled mountainous village of Apollonia nestled in the foothills of Profitis Ilias.
Stop for a quick tour of an agricultural co-op and learn how these proud, resourceful women run the enterprise. They will share their decisions, goals, and a demonstration of local delicacy production with you.
You will also visit a winery and learn about the various grape varietals. While here, bring a glass of delicious wine to your lips and understand firsthand why Rhodes produces some of the world’s most award-winning wines.
The highlight of the tour will be a personal cooking class from a mama cook in the village who will share her secrets in making traditional, famous Greek fare including tzatziki, parousia (vegetable fried balls), and ever-popular Greek salad. Learn how to make genista (stuffed peppers with tomatoes and rice), dolmadakia, and many more delights!
Conclude your time in Apollona enjoying the fruits of your culinary labors by sitting down to a homemade lunch that you and your fellow cooks have lovingly prepared.
After the lunch, you will also have the chance to learn how to make a greek coffee, in the most historical cafe in the Dodecanese!
- Meeting point Apollona Village
- Meeting time 09.30
- Visit Agricultural co-op 09.30 - 09.50
- Short walk in the village 09.50 - 10.00
- Wine Tasting 10.00 - 10.20
- Cooking Lesson 10.20 - 11.30
- Lunch 11.30 - 12.10
- Visit local Cafe 12.10 - 12.30
Highlights of Taste of Rhodes:
- Visit a traditional village on the foothills of Mt Profitis Ilias, in the central part of Rhodes Island
- Visit a women’s agricultural cooperative and a folklore museum
- Enjoy some wine tasting in a small local winery
- Learn how to cook Greek recipes and Rhodian specialties first-hand with a mama-cook!
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 24 hours before the start date of the agreed activity. You will be automatically refunded for the full price of the activity.
- Cancellation 24 hours or later before the start date of the agreed activity is what we call last minute cancellations. No refunds will be made.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Apollona, Rodos
Address: Apollonas, Rhodes