Climb to the top of Taygetos, Peloponnese
It is the highest mountain range in the Peloponnese peninsula in Southern Greece. Taygetos is 2.407m above sea level and it is a mountain with rich flora and fauna, included in the Natura 2000 network of natural habitats.
For centuries Taygetos was the ultimate training field for the Legendary Spartan warriors. Before the ascent it is required to meet the imposing statue of King Leonidas in Sparta, so we can have his wishes.
According to Greek mythology, Taygetos took its name from the nymph Taygete, one of the Atlantians and daughter of Atlas. However, according to ancient Greek history, at the top, there was a temple of Apollo, the God of the Sun, and music.
The Spartans threw criminals, traitors, and captives, into a chasm of Taygetos known as Ceadas.
From the Spartan shelter, at the Varvara spot at 1,550 meters, we leave the Spartan side of Taygetos behind us, and four hours later, climbing the last few meters of the mysterious pyramid summit we will meet the roofless chapel of the Prophet Elija. The view of the entire Messinian bay will lie before us. The return is almost through the same places with a different view.
Grab the opportunity and meet god’s Apollo Mountain accompanied by the Spartan mountain guide and head of our team.
- Meeting place: Your residence
- Route Length: 9 km (in total)
- Altitude: 1.550m-2.407m
- Walking Time: 6-7 hours (in total)
- Difficulty: Μoderate
- Ratio guide to guest: 1:7
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Kalamata, Messinia
Notes: Hotel pick-up is included