Explore the caves of Attica (Cave of Aphaia)
Caves in Attica !! Her well-hidden secrets !!!
Attica, although inextricably linked to Athens, continues to be a place of exquisite natural beauty, many of which are unknown to the general public, even the locals.
One of the least known natural beauties of Attica is its caves. And this is rather expected as, unfortunately, most of them are not accessible to the general public.
This cave, located on Mount Egaleo in Haidari, was discovered only a few years ago - in 2008, after the actions of the locals and the Hellenic Speleological Society (ESE).
The entrance is small, somewhat narrow and downhill in its first steps. Going down to the second level there is a large room that was filled with stalactites and there are tree roots that hang from the ceiling and end up on the floor. The cave is large, spacious. Stalactite columns, stalactites and stalagmites, stony basins, curtains, elitists and eccentrics compose a multi-layered setting, starring water and rock.
Millions of years of water, drop by drop, carved the rock and created beauty. Factors such as temperature, the seismicity of the area and the nature of the rocks created these pits and the eroded rocks formed this admirable natural decoration of the cave. In the last room there are also unique beauty spirals.
PRICES (include legal VAT 24%)
- € 55 per person, 2-4 participants
- € 35 per person, 5-9 participants
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Aspropurgos, Perifereiaki enotita Dutikis Attikis
Address: Afeas Cave