Hiking Alexander the Great Pass
This is a new activity by Trekking Hellas that has enthusiastically "opened" this historical passage, which, according to the history and the myths of the region, has chosen Alexander the Great to cross with his army from the region of Thessaly. . It is a relatively easy trail that offers a unique view between the two famous mountains of the area, Olympus and Kissavos. A perimeter view of the walker embraces a wider area, from the coasts of Larissa (Seven Blue Miles) to Halkidiki and Mount Athos, the second and third peak of Mount Olympus, the villages of Lower Olympus, and the Canyon of Omolio.
- The route starts at 4 × 4 from the Omolio Theater on a difficult 5km road (also available for walking from the beginning) and ends at a glade from where a relatively easy climb of about one kilometer begins. Its creator baptized her "Laughing Path".
- Impressive is the time when the traveler faces the path of a 100-meter-long rock lane, a natural suspension bridge over the infinite gap of the canyon.
- Carefully walking with little difficulty, we cross over to the opposite side giving us a different picture. We reach the chestnut trees of Ambelakia and complete the stroll on the natural terrace where we will enjoy all the splendor of this unique view with a hot coffee and a local treat.
- Turning to our stand on the "slab of memory" everyone with their own approach and gaze will try to discover through the carved names and graphs the history of this passage. Ancient walkers, venetians, bandits, shepherds, guerrillas, climbers, wanderers, mountain lovers, all left their signature in their own way. We will see and learn about the "Arvanitis" hole.
- After the first crossing experience, we now have to stop at the Alexander the Great rocky pass for a good commemorative photo. Arriving at the glade for the turn we can now visit the 4X4 with a "special" chapel built into the rock with varied and counter-diametric references to the way and reason for its existence. An activity that is also of great interest to herbs collection.
- On our return we can optionally visit the thermal bath in the Red Water for a swim, or the Pinios Delta.
Conditions for participation
- From 8 years and over
- Elementary fitness
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Notes: Rapsani Bridge