Mt.Olympus express tour (2 days-1 night) Mytikas 2918m
Two-day Ascent to Mytika! A wonderful route to the top of the emblematic Olympus.
The Two-Day Climb in Mytikas is certainly a unique experience in the life of a hiker! Olympus is a landmark for lovers of mountain hiking and nature and of course for those who love challenges!
We cross the East Side of Olympus. Our route follows beautiful paths in the verdant environment of the mountain. Starting from Prionia at 1,000m and following the European Trail E4 we reach the shelter Spilios Agapitos at 2,100m, after about 3-4 hours. Time to enjoy the unobstructed view to Litochoro and the Aegean and to rest!
The next morning at sunrise we start for the final ascent. Follow the sigmoid path E4 until we reach Triethnes at an altitude of 2,400m. At this point they separate the 3 main paths of Olympus. We continue on the main path E4 to the top of Skala (2,866m). From this small plateau we enjoy stunning views across the mountain. From there, depending on the prevailing weather conditions, we follow either the stone path to Mytikas at 2,918m or the path to Skolio at 2,911m, the second highest peak in Greece. Our current hike lasts 8-9 hours, always depending on the dynamics of the team.
* The program guide / escort reserves the discretion to modify the program for security reasons.
- The program begins and ends in the village of Litochoro in the foothills of Mt. Olympus.
In case you are flying to Greece, we recommend flying to Thessaloniki airport (Greece’s second biggest town) from where the trip to Litochoro is about 1,5 hours. In case you fly to Athens, the trip is about 6 hours long and we recommend traveling one day before and spending a night in Litochoro. In case you need assistance with hotel bookings or other services please contact us.
Day 1: Prionia - Refuge of Spilios Agapitos
10:00 am: Meeting at the Trekking Hellas Base in the Central Square of Litochoro (55 peaks store) and departure by car for the Saws 1,100m.
11:00 pm: We start the hike following the international mountaineering path E4, which leads us after 3-4 hours to the Spilios Agapitos Shelter at an altitude of 2,100m.
15:00 pm: Arrival at the shelter Spilios Agapitos where we spend the night. The view from the shelter to Litochoro and the sea is wonderful. We enjoy the unique colors of the sunset!
DAY 2: TOP
05:30 am: Waking up in the morning for breakfast and preparing for the ascent to the peaks of Olympus. In case you do not have breakfast due to the very early departure, it is good to have a snack with you from the previous night.
06:00 am: From the shelter we follow the path E4 to the point Triethnes at 2400m. There are separated by the 3 main paths of Olympus. Follow the main path E4 to the top of Skala at 2,866m. From here, depending on the weather conditions, we follow the stone path to Mytika at 2,918m (using safety equipment) or the path to Skolio at 2,911m, the second highest peak in Greece.
17:00 pm: Return to Prionia
Cost: 210 euros / person
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the cooperating company (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: 55 peaks