Explore Penteli mountain on horseback
This is a leisure-sightseeing type of trail suitable for all levels of experience as due to rough terrain mostly we follow a walking pace there for is perfect for begginers and very pleasant and relaxing for experinced riders who want to enjoy a scenic relaxing ride.
First you ll meet your partner horse on the ground where you will participate in getting him ready for the ride. In our phylosophy grooming and spending time with the horses before mount is part of the experience and also will make both of you to feel more comfortable with each other ! Is also a nice way for begginers or nervous riders to get an idea about horses, their behavior and also to get full instructions in a mini lesson on how to handle them in order for both horse and rider to feel safe durring the ride.
The trail starts directly from our base farm in Marathonas and takes us to the North-East bank of the mountain Penteli. After few yards of road between the agricultural zone of Marathonas will meet the dust road that will take us through olive trees and pine forest up on the hills of Penteli where the land is covered more with low flora . From there the panoramic view of the historical bay of Marathon also Evoikos. In a clear atmosphere you can see as far as Evoia island!
At a high point we will do our brake for horses to eat mountain grass that they so much love and also enjoy a bit more of the view while we are stretching our legs. After we finish this circular route on the mountain through some hidden paths we ll meet again the dust road and start descending from there back to our base farm.
- Duration of ride is Aprox 2,5 hr
- Preparation and grooming of the horses is 30 min
- Weight limit is 95 kilos
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 24 hours before the start date of the agreed activity. You will be automatically refunded for the full price of the activity.
- Cancellation 24 hours or later before the start date of the agreed activity is what we call last minute cancellations. No refunds will be made
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Plateon 53 Marathon
Notes: Our base is 100 meters after the riding centre of Marathon and very close to the Tomb of Plataion in the area of Vranas.