Athens Tour. Escape in Parnitha Mountain Park
Escape to Parnitha’s National Park on a semiprivate safari tour for up to 6 or 8 persons per vehicle.
Mount Parnitha is a densely forested mountain range 40 km north of Athens. It is an ideal place for the residents or guests of Athens city, as it provides the opportunity to enjoy nature and relax while leaving behind the city stress. Parnitha’s national park is full of pine and fir forests. It is a true oasis for many species of wildlife, such as red deer, foxes and many kinds of birds, as well as the main getaway for the hot summer days and a vast snow-covered playground during the winter.
Our day starts after we pick you up from your hotel or a point close to the indicated hotel if car access is not possible. We will follow the national road which leads to Mount Parnitha and pick up our morning coffee, tea or juice on the way.
It will take less than an hour of driving to leave Athens’ noisy city-center and enter the entrance of the mountains. Our first stop will take place at an altitude of 600m, at Lake Beletsi which is an artificial lake that seems to belong in a fairytale. The landscape resembles the Alps and is not at all reminiscent of Athens, Greece. Continuing our route to Mount Parnitha we follow a unique off-road route through the forest full of pine trees, goats, chapels, monasteries, and natural springs. After our little adventure, we will approach Avlonas Village. Crossing the village and heading onwards, the mountain adventure starts again through an off-road route to Voutima wildlife refuge. The uniqueness of the terrain, the dense vegetation, rare species of endemic plants, the different kinds of mammals and species of birds are spread in smaller or larger areas of the mountain. Reaching the west slope of Mount Parnitha, a panoramic breathtaking view of the Saronic gulf with the islands of Salamina and Aigina will appear before our eyes.
Then we head on the asphalt road and drive away while enjoying the panoramic view of the Saronic gulf from above. As we work up an appetite we arrive at Hasia village. There we are going to visit a traditional Greek tavern where we will be welcomed by the owner. He will introduce us to the Greek Mediterranean cuisine and heartfelt Hellenic hospitality with plenty of local food and wine.
After our lunch break, we will follow the road back to Athens through picturesque villages before reaching the city of Athens. The escort drivers of our premium off-road vehicles will create a memorable day out with the best panoramic views of Parnitha's mountain and amazing photo opportunities to capture each and every moment!
A unique escape, an exciting adventure to embrace the renowned Greek hospitality, enjoy the sights and professional yet relaxed service!!!
- Visit the Parnitha National Park and enjoy the panoramic views
- Embark on a semiprivate safari tour up to 6 persons per vehicle
- Follow incredible off-road routes through dense vegetation
- Savor coffee, tea or juice
- Lunch with traditional Greek food and wine
Download the ‘‘Athens Tour. Escape in Parnitha Mountain Park’’ by downloading the PDF or by printing it.
See the route here: The Route on Google maps
The trip is ideal for everyone who´s looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone´s convenience.
In order for Uncharted Escapes to arrange lunch or dinner with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies, so as to find possible alternatives
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date
You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
No reimbursements will be effected
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Notes: Pick Up Times: 8:15 Piraeus Cruise Port E12 Gate or Parking beside OLP Exhibition Center
Point of activity