Hiking at Exohori - West Mani
Exochori is a stone-built village with a very old tradition, mentioned several times in history as Androuvista, first seen around 1278 AD. It is located at an altitude of 450 m above Kardamili, in the Taygetos mountain fringes. It used to be the old mountainous capital and the fortress of Kardamili, not only in medieval but also in ancient times.
This is like a short taste of west Mani but fully rewarding as an experience. The exploration starts from Kardamili, as we follow the old stone path entering the mountain, walking through some of the upland villages.
Passing through olive groves, we end up in Exochori village, where we can have a breathtaking view of the Viros Gorge, the largest gorge in west Mani. Then, taking a different route to our way back to the starting point, we visit Aghia Sofia. This is a famous church built in the 16th century situated on the 2500-year-old stone path that connected Kardamili with Sparta. This is the path that will guide our steps back to Kardamili through its historical old quarter.
Why Do We Recommend It?
- You get to experience the rugged beauty of this beautiful southern area
- It has a spectacular view of the west Mani area
- Entry level hiking difficulty, suitable for most people and all ages
- Experienced and trusted tour operator
Is it right for me?
- This is a great activity for a holiday for those who want to have a first hike experience but also for those who love to hike. The difficulty of the trek is low level, so you don’t need to be especially fit. No trekking experience is required.
- Great for solo travelers, couples, friends, and parents with young children (6 years minimum)
- First-time hikers are welcome.
Can I Go Anytime?
This tour is available during all seasons and you can select your date during the booking process. We’ll then get back to you with the confirmation.
If you don’t find any dates that are suitable for you, just get in touch by phone or email and we’ll let you know if anything can be arranged. We always do our best to get the trip that suits you best.
Keep in mind
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Difficulty: Entry level
- Meeting Point: Kardamili, aprox 08:00
- Tour Ends: Kardamili, aprox 13:00
- Group Size: max 12 people
- Age: No limit, young children with hike experience
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Kardamyli, West Mani, Messinia, Greece Z.C. 24022