Hiking at Ridomo gorge - West Mani
West Mani has four gorges and Ridomo is for sure the most spectacular! Ridomo Gorge starts from the Taygetos ridgeline and fades into the Messinian Bay running all the way down to Sadova beach, forming a natural boundary of the western Mani. During our hike you will be more than impressed by the rich geologic features of the gorge, with its evident stratification of rocks, its burst of intense rock color palette, being in perfect match with its splendid greenery.
This is an esoteric, almost mystical experience that we can hardly put into words. The adventure starts with a 30-minute drive with our vehicle from Kardamili, all the way up to Vorio village, where the hiking part starts. We walk downhill to reach the riverbed, entering a land of fairies!
Lovers of adventure and vibrant colors will find that Ridomo’s spirited ambience and rich landscape are not to be missed!
Why Do We Recommend It?
- A little visited destination with a spectacular scenery
- Trekking in a truly unique landscape
- An authentic and rewarding trek
- This is a great trip for adults and fit, older teens
- Incredibly photogenic landscape
- Ideal for the summer time, as the walk is in shade
- Experienced and trusted tour leader
Is it right for me?
This is not an extreme hike, but hiking in a gorge like Ridomo can still provide a challenge. You should be fit enough to walk for a few hours at a time and be ready to climb up in some parts of the route.
It is a great tour for individual, solo travelers, families with older teens, as well as small groups or couples. If you’re not sure about your level of fitness and suitability to this trip, just get in touch and we’ll be happy to talk it through with you
Can I Go Anytime?
This tour is available during the whole year. Winter and spring trips are largely dependent on the on the rainfalls and the weather but are still possible. You can select your date during the booking process. We’ll then get back to you with the confirmation.
Keep in mind
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Difficulty: Medium
- Meeting Point: Kardamili, aprox 08:00 a.m
- Tour Ends: Kardamili, aprox 13:00- 14:00
- Group Size: max 6 people
- Age: No limit, young children with some hiking experience .
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 72 hours or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 24 hours and 72 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
- Cancellation 24 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Kardamuli 240 22
Address: Kardamyli, West Mani, Messinia, Greece Z.C. 24022
Notes: The meetig point is at our store, 2407m Outdoor Experience