V.I.P. Jeep Safari tour in Krousonas of Psiloritis, Crete
Psiloritis is the mountain that according to mythology, Zeus was raised by the Kourites and the nymph Amalthea. Today, Psiloritis has been a UNESCO-recognized Geopark since 2001. Within its boundaries, you can see faults, fossils, caves, gorges, and plateaus, which host many endemic species of the island and have shaped the culture of the locals.
Our day starts in Heraklion. After getting to know your guide and a short presentation of the excursion, you will head to the Livadi plateau. The mountainous, provincial road climbs the eastern slopes of Psiloritis and offers incredible views of Heraklion and the Cretan Sea. Soon we reach Krousonas and through a dirt road, which runs parallel to the homonymous gorge, to the plateau. The place is beautiful with thousands of pear and apple trees scattered all over. If you visit them in the spring, you will see them blooming. The dirt road will lead us to the location "Vromonero", where we can enjoy a picnic, with Cretan products, under the shade of the oak trees.
After enjoying the picnic, we continue our off-road route to the plateau of Nida, where we will visit Idaion Andron, the cave where Zeus was raised. On the way back, we will stop at Ancient Zominthos, which was only discovered in 1982, but is one of the most important archeological discoveries in Crete!
From there, we will head to Anogia for a traditional meal.
The return to Heraklion will be through the provincial road Heraklion - Anogia.
- Our off-road route to Livadi.
- The picnic under the oak trees.
- The Idaion Andron.
- The unique Cretan cuisine.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Irakleio, Crete
Notes: Free transport from/to your hotel. (as long as you are within the predefined pick-up area)
Point of activity
Region: Krousonas, Irakleio