V.I.P. Jeep Safari tour in South Crete, Asterousia
The visitor cannot be left unmoved by the diversity of Crete. Southern Crete in particular is the area that creates the most intense emotions. A place of wild beauty that you will love at first sight. The pristine nature of Asterousia, with its wild, rugged, and sparsely populated environment, is an attraction for many lovers of adventure and solitary life, who made this place their home.
Our day starts in Heraklion. After getting to know your guide and a brief presentation of the excursion we will head south. Our adventure begins at the monastery of Epanosifi which was built in 1600 where we will make a short stop for some pictures. Then we will continue our journey via the provincial roads through some of the oldest and most historically rich villages of Crete until we reach the village of Vasiliki. There you will be able to have a coffee or soft drinks before we head out to the off-road route leading to Tripiti beach.
From there, our off-road trip begins through the gorge of Agios Savvas, and after crossing the narrowest path of Tripiti gorge we reach Tripiti beach. There you can have a swim in the crystal waters of southern Crete, enjoy the sun, and have a drink at the small hippie-style tavern. later we can visit the isolated and less known Fylakas beach, next to Tripiti, and explore the seabed with a mask. After you are full of sun and ready to go, we will go and have lunch at a great local tavern that offers delicious high-quality traditional Cretan food and is located next to the Gorge of Agios Savvas and inside the oldest known olive tree forest.
As the day continues, we continue our journey towards Krotos village via the provincial dirt road that runs west through the majestic south Cretan scenery, witnessing its’ wild beauty and untouched landscape which is guaranteed to take your breath away. After a short while, we will reach Panagia Vithano where you can take pictures. From that point on we will head back to Heraklion through the new provincial road.
- We were driving through the gorge of Ag. Savva and the ''steno faragi'' passage, where the valley becomes so narrow that only one car can pass.
- Swimming on the fantastic beach of Tripiti and the Libyan Sea.
- Total tour duration 8 hours
- Family-friendly: Yes
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Irakleio, Crete
Notes: Free transport from/to your hotel. (as long as you are within the predefined pick-up area)
Point of activity
Region: Kofinas, Irakleio