4-days Sea Kayak Expedition in South West Crete
An excellent trip that gives you the opportunity to paddle along one of the most stunning coastlines of Crete, including the coast next to the famous Samaria Gorge. The scenery of the trip is outstanding. We will take a look at some beaches that have been in the top 50 in the world for years in various travel guides such as Lonely Planet and Tripadvisor. Do not miss it!
We stay overnight in tents but if you prefer the comfort of a bed then it is possible most months for an extra charge. The listed price does not include accommodation. The price for accommodation is usually between 35 and 50 euros (the price is based on a double room).
If you prefer to stay in small apartments, please contact us as soon as possible, as room availability is very limited from May to September.
The total journey is about 80 kilometers. This equates to about 20km/day over 4 days.
You need to have some previous experience in sea kayaks and especially to be able to steer the kayak in a straight line.
It is recommended that participants with no experience take a sea kayaking lesson 2 days before taking this trip.
Camping & food
Shipping is self-service. Usually, each participant takes care of their own breakfast and lunch, and snacks and we prepare our evening meal.
We will buy food and water for 2 days in the beginning as we will be able to repeat during the route.
Meals in seaside towns or tavernas next to the beach are possible throughout the trip except for the day we will make the open passage to the islands. Usually, each participant takes care of his own breakfast and dinner and we have lunch in a tavern.
During the period from late October to late April, we will have to carry supplies for the entire trip and cannot eat in taverns as everything is closed
Can I feel all the camping gear?
We can provide all camping equipment except the sleeping bag at an additional cost. We can provide you with a high-quality 3 or 4-season tent for an extra €30 for the whole trip and also the mattress. The stove (complete set from Trangia) and the gas tank are an additional €30 and are suitable for 2-3 people.
When is the best time for this excursion?
All year round as this trek is in a very protected area. Usually, the wildest sea is during January and February, as it is common during these months to have strong southerly winds that bring big waves.
Meeting and transportation:
We will meet near the city of Heraklion between 8-9 am. You should arrive in Heraklion the day before. If you find a cheaper flight to the airport in Chania then the best will be to meet us direct at the starting point as from there is about an hour and 45 minutes by bus while from Heraklion about 3 hours. If you do travel from Heraklion and you need a transfer that is provided for free.
On the last day of the trip, we will return back to Heraklion by our car and will be glad to drop you at the airport if your flight is on the same date. Your flight needs to be late enough as we need about 3 hours to get there from the place that will finish our sea kayak trip.
The best place to fly to is Heraklion airport as it is much easier from there to deal with transport.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 14 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 7 and 14 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 7 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Address: Heraklion 712 01 Crete