V.I.P. Jeep Safari tour at Agiofarago in Matala, Crete
A journey into the wild and captivating side of Crete. Agiofarago and Matala are located in the south of the prefecture of Heraklion. The contrast between the two makes our tour special. On one side the quiet, spiritual Agiofarago with its wild beauty, and on the other, the noisy Matala with their hippie style!
After getting acquainted with your guide and following a short briefing, you will head south, through the plain of Messara, to Agiofarago: the gorge of the Saints! Our first stop is the traditional village of Siva. There, you could enjoy a drink or get the essentials for the rest of the day. A short distance from Siva is the Odigitria Monastery where we will make a short stop. One of the most important monasteries in Crete was built in the 14th century. At this point, the road changes into a dirt road, which leads us to the parking lot of Agiofarago and the entrance to it. From there on, we will continue on foot. We will follow the path crossing the gorge, which is scattered with imposing oleanders and olives. In about 30 minutes we will be on the beautiful beach and the Libyan Sea, where you could enjoy a swim.
After a delicious picnic, with local Cretan products, we will return to the car and head to Matala. A small but crowded village, with a wonderful 300m long sandy beach and crystal clear deep waters. The village became famous for the carved Roman tombs and the hippies of the '70s, who lived in them! Here we will have a swim at the beach and later, lunch in a traditional local tavern!
- The 2000-year-old olive tree, Goumenospilio (the cave of the monks), and Vourvoulitis (the hidden lake), in Agiofarago.
- The Roman tombs in Matala.
- The natural cave on the north side of Matala Beach, from the top of which, the adventurous could dive.
- Total tour duration 8 hours
- Family-friendly: Yes
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Irakleio, Irakleio
Address: Irakleio, Crete
Notes: Free transport from/to your hotel. (as long as you are within the predefined pick-up area)