Guided tour of Sfendoni cave and cheese-making in a farm, Crete
Let's discover the real side of Crete and enjoy all the beauties of the island. If you want to feel the authentic Cretan hospitality, the culture of the village, and the everyday life of traditional Crete… then make a reservation and follow the trip which will be unforgettable. Our trip starts at 8:00-9:00 in the morning from Rethymno, a pick-up place near the hotel.
We will make a stop in the unique and impressive cave of Sfendoni walking around 150 meters in the mountain. For sure, you will feel something special and these impressive rocks will transport you to another period. It is one of the most important caves in Greece, covering an area of about 3.000 square meters. The cave’s unique and rare beauty mesmerizes everybody, establishing it as one of Crete’s most beautiful caves. Visitors are allowed to explore a route of about 270 m, along which they can admire a variety of impressive formations. Large columns create labyrinthine compartments inside the cave and stalactites and stalagmites of different colors and shapes decorate the cave’s chambers.
The second stop is on a traditional farm in the mountains, middle of nowhere with an impressive view of the Psiloritis mountains. There we will meet the Priest Andreas who will speak and explain to us his shepherd life. We will get some milk from goats and make our own cheese. We will collect some products from his garden and at the end, we will be rewarded. We will eat and share together a traditional Cretan meal with all the products we collected and made... with also a specially cooked lamb called... Antikristo.
Around 16:00 we will have returned to Rethymno.
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 24 hours before the start date of the agreed activity. You will be automatically refunded for the full price of the activity.
- Cancellation 24 hours or later before the start date of the agreed activity is what we call last minute cancellations. No refunds will be made.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Rethumno, Rethumno
Notes: Meeting/pick-up point by appointment
Point of activity
Region: Zoniana, Rethumno