Day tour to Elafonisi Beach from Heraklion
Elafonissi is located 76km west of Chania in the southwesternmost point of Crete. Elafonisi is an oblong, which often "breaks" into two parts by water giving the impression of being a separate island.
Elafonissi is a “Natura 2000” protected area. The island is full of dunes with sand lilies and junipers (like-cedar trees). The endangered turtles Caretta-Caretta and several rare animals nest on the island and it is strictly forbidden to remove any plants, or animals from the area. Exotic beaches with white sand and turquoise waters, reminding of the Caribbean, are formed on either side of the peninsula. The sand is pinkish in many places, taking its color from thousands of broken shells. Near the “breaking" point of the peninsula, the water does not exceed 1m, creating a small lagoon, ideal for children. You can easily cross the lagoon in order to reach the “island”, having your stuff with you, because the water is very shallow there. The eastern side of the beach, in front of the lagoon, is well organized and has the most people.
There are umbrellas, showers, lifeguards, snack bars, and changing rooms. The TripAdvisor website has rated Elafonissi as the 11th Best Beach in the world.
- We will start collecting participants from pick-up points in the morning.
- Depending on the place of your hotel/apartment the bus drive will differ.
- Bus Drive to Elafonisi: 4 hours
- The driver will make a stop so all travelers can stretch or have a quick breakfast – 20 minutes
1st stop: Elafonisi Beach – 4 hours 30 minutes
Following a drive through canyons, valleys, and beautiful villages, our participants will reach their destination, the beach of Elafonisi. There they can enjoy 4.5 hours of free time, at the exotic, pink sand beach. Take their time to swim in the crystal-clear waters, have lunch, and take memorable photos of the unique landscape.
End of the tour – return to resorts
- Embarkation in the buses and drive back to the hotels where we gathered participants in the morning.
- Depending on traffic and the pick-up places of each participant, the time of the journey back to the hotel will differ.
- Return Bus Drive to Heraklion: 4 hours
*There will be a short stop on the way back for restroom and snack – 20 minutes
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 24 hours before the start date of the agreed activity. You will be automatically refunded for the full price of the activity.
- Cancellation 24 hours or later before the start date of the agreed activity is what we call last minute cancellations. No refunds will be made.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Point of activity
Region: Inachori, Chania