Religious Aegina Hiking Tour
Religious Aegina is a day hiking tour available as self guided or guided. On this hike we eplore great monasteries, medieval settlements and more!
Your exploration begins at the imposing monastery of St. Nektarios! Thousands of Christians from around the world come to pay their respects every year. Right across the hill, lie the ruins of Paliahora, the island’s medieval settlement where about 35 stone chapels still survive. Your journey ends in Souvala, a traditional fishing little town and the second port of Aegina. In the outskirts of Souvala you can visit the warm springs of “Therma”, famous since antiquity, for an optional meal and swim.
Our hosts and guides will make you feel like a local and will also recommend the nice spots to enjoy a swim.
Highlights of Religious Aegina Tour
- Visit two main landmarks of the island, the monastery of Agios Nektarios and the medieval settlement of Paliahora
- Relax on the medieval hill of Paliahora and enjoy beautiful views of the island
- Swim in the picturesque fishing village of Souvala and enjoy a greek meze by the water (optional)
Duration: 1.5 hours
Period of Operation: Throughout the year
Distance: 4.5 km/2.79 Miles
Grade: Easy. Well defined city streets
Terrain: Paved road, dirt road, dirt path
- 35€/pp for 4 participants (for more participants please contact us)
- 40€/pp for min 2-3 participants
- 50€/pp for min 1 participant
Read MoreRead Less
Do nοt forget
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price.
- Cancellation between 3 and 7 days prior to the agreed activity starting date. You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement.
- Cancellation 3 days or later are what we call last-minute cancellations. No reimbursements will be effected.
* If the activity is canceled by the activity provider (due to weather, non-completion of minimum entries, force majeure, etc.), the price of your activity, is refunded in full.
Unlimited Adrenaline Tips
- Many activities are based on the weather, so it is recommended that you contact the company before the activity.
- It is a good idea to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- After your reservation it is enough to give your details to the cooperating company so that you can carry out your activity. However, it is recommended that you have the booking confirmed in digital or printed form.
- Read the benefits of the activity carefully to avoid possible extra charges from additional optional services.
- Read the cancellation policy carefully before booking.
Region: Aigina, Nisoi
Address: Aegina Port, Heroes Monument
Notes: Meeting Point: Aegina Port, Heroes Monument – see the exact location on the map Time: Upon confirmation